Sunday 17 January 2016

Thanks, I found it!


I must walk around with my eyes facing down, because I always find (and pick up!) lots of jewellery.  All the pieces above (and more) have been found on the street.  There is even a pair of matching earrings which I found weeks apart in different places (I replace the hooks). The trick is spotting potential and having the patience to wait until inspiration comes as to how to use them. Recently my magpie tendencies began to pay off as Accessorize have been selling off broken pieces in their Winter sale for 10 or 20 p each; for grand total of £4.90 I managed to get a collection of about 20 pendants, brooches and earrings (RRP £224.00) which I have been able to piece together using some of the above loose stones and a few jump-rings (very inexpensive in craft/hobby shops).











I've spent a few happy hours putting everything together and take pleasure choosing something interesting to wear every day.  I also think of my Grandparents - I use my Grandad's watchmaking pliers and hope he would be proud.  



I inherited the "finding gene" from my Nan (I am in genetics, it DOES exist!) as I have a few gold rings that she found over the years (her findings were higher class).  Who says the streets of London aren't paved with gold?  Beady eyes, that's the secret. 









No comments:

Post a Comment